Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

Wow! Pt. England are good basketball players!

Last Wednesday our basketball team had a game with Pt, England at Tamaki Recreation Centre. The people in my basketball team were Siu, RJ, Rhonda, Launoa, Rosary, Dhon, Kayla and of course me. The court was like a maze because there were so many lines. Some people got confused because they didn't know where the outside line was.

Image result for basketballWhen I got to Tamaki Recreation Centre, I met Siu and Dhon. After that I went to the changing room to get changed into my P.E gear. After I got changed, I went onto the court to join in with Siu and Dhon for a short warm up before our game. We played offence and defence with Dhon, Siu, Vine and Natalia. To play offence and defence, you have to get in a line and every two pair had an offence and a defence, The offender had to try to shoot a point while the defender had to try and steal the ball.

When our first game started, I was in the centre and I jumped up for the ball but Pt. England caught it first. At the end of our first game, i shot 6 points. It was a tough competition because Pt. England has a very strong team. There were so many people at Tamaki Recreation Centre. The game was 30 minutes long, it was from 3:30-4:00.

It was a good game and a good experience for me. I'm really looking forward to the next few games, because we are going to be training hard.

Learning Intention: We are learning to use descriptive language.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives in my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment