Pages

Sunday 16 August 2015

Yay! We got our first win in the basketball tournament!

We had a basketball game on Wednesday. Dhon, Siu, Rhonda, Rosary, Launoa and I are in the year 5 and 6 team. The court was confusing because there were so many different-coloured lines, it was like a maze. We played a game against Glen Taylor. 

I was late to arrive, so I missed the game. When I arrived, I saw the year 7 and 8 game playing on their court and it was half time for them. When our game started, I was the substitute for the first half. By the end of the game we had 22 points and Glen Taylor had 8 points. It was very tough because they had good defence and great offence and there were also so many people on their team.

Our games were 30 minutes long, from 4:00-4:30. The year 7 and 8's had 22 points and they versed Panmure Bridge, who scored 14 points. The people in the year 7 and 8's team were Isaac, Avishek, Kolio, Natalia and Vine.

It was a fun game and I am happy that we have won. I hope we can win next time as well by continuing to practise our skills, such as shooting, passing and dribbling.

Learning Intention: We are learning to understand how to use descriptive language.

Success criteria: I know I can do this when I use appropriate adjectives in my writing to make my writing more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment